What we do
We are a self advocacy group adults with a learning disability
We give our members
• A way of getting their voices heard by the big bosses of services
• A place to meet and make friends
• Information in a way they understand
We do this by having
• Workshops and training sessions
• Meetings and events
• Drop-ins and social events
• Making things accessible (click here to go to our Easy Read page)
We do this so people can make informed choices about their own life
We work with other people such as Manchester City Council, NHS, Universities, Police and other voluntary sector groups to help them understand what is important to people with a learning disability.
Our Service Audit Project inspects services for adults with a learning disability on behalf of the Commissioners of Services.
We host meetings of the Manchester Learning Disability Partnership Board and do their newsletter. Their website is here (Opens in a new window)
The North West Training and Development Team holds the Greater Manchester Confirm and Challenge meetings here.
Contact us if you would like to rent our meeting room.
Our building is accessible and we can arrange catering.